Guideline product for safety and staining

Is it safe to use a hair dye after I’ve had a rash/allergic reaction to it once?

Usage of hair color should discontinued as long as there has been an allergic reaction to it.

Just one allergic reaction is enough for the body to identify the colorant as a foreign substance. Any subsequent contact with the colorant will cause another similar allergic reaction. In extreme cases, continued usage may worsen symptoms and cause a severe allergic reaction.

I have previously had allergic reactions to hair dyes. Are there other alternatives I can use?

We recommend using color treatments, hair manicures, and temporary hair dyes.

Please use the products according to the stated guidelines. If symptoms like redness, swelling or irritation arise, discontinue use immediately and consult a dermatologist or physician.

What should I do if my skin reacts negatively to the patch test?

If itching, swelling, redness and skin bumps appear in the area where the patch test was conducted, wash the area immediately and do not continue with the hair color.

This suggests that the allergic reaction is caused by the dye in the hair color. We request that you discontinue usage of the hair color.

Should I continue using hair dye if my scalp always itches every time I color my hair?

We recommend discontinuing usage as there is a possibility of an allergic reaction.

In extreme cases, continued usage may worsen symptoms and cause a more severe allergic reaction. Even if it is just itching that you’re experiencing, there is a high chance of an allergy if it has been happening with every use. Avoid any further usage.

My scalp stung for 2-3 days the last time I dyed my hair. Should I continue coloring my hair in the future?

Please discontinue use of hair color.

Prolonged usage may worsen the itching and stinging, and may also cause allergic contact dermatitis.

If I’m a regular user of a certain hair color, is it necessary to conduct the patch test every single time?

The patch test should be done prior to every hair coloring process.

Even if prior use of the same hair dye has not previously caused any reaction, your body may develop an allergy over time due to bodily changes. Please be sure to conduct the patch test every time you use our hair colors.

Why is it necessary to do the patch test every single time?

It is possible to develop an allergic reaction even without a prior history of them.

Like other allergies, they may develop even in people with no prior history of them due to bodily changes. This makes a skin allergy test/patch test an absolutely necessary step in every hair coloring process.

I have developed a rash from the hair dye. What should I do?

Please consult a physician.

In such a situation, please avoid attempts to self-medicate and consult a dermatologist urgently. Symptoms might persist if appropriate treatment is not given promptly, so please seek treatment as soon as possible.

Why is it not advisable to use hair color during menstruation, pregnancy, or when there is a chance of pregnancy?

There might be an allergic reaction resulting from the body’s hormonal changes.

The skin also becomes exceptionally sensitive and prone to irritation during menstruation and pregnancy. Please do avoid coloring your hair during these periods.

Is it safe to use hair color and bleach on children?

We request that you refrain from using hair dyes on children.

The scalp and hair of a young child/infant is more sensitive than that of an adult’s. With less sebum production, a child has less protection from irritation. We strongly request that you refrain from using hair dyes and bleaches on young children and infants.

Is it safe to use hair color on eyebrows and facial hair?

Please refrain from dyeing areas other than intended (i.e. hair on scalp).

The skin around the eyes and mouth is more delicate and sensitive, and hence prone to irritation. It is also dangerous as your eyes may come into contact with the chemicals.

I just shaved my facial hair. Is it safe to dye my hair after?

We recommend you to refrain from doing so as freshly shaven skin might be especially prone to irritation from the dyeing chemicals.

Do refrain from coloring your hair after shaving. Tiny cuts may arise from shaving, making your skin especially prone to irritation.

Can I take a bath during the hair dyeing process?

Your eyes may come into contact with the chemicals if they drip from your hair, so please refrain from doing so.

We recommend not to take a bath while dyeing your hair. The dyeing chemicals may get into your eyes as a result from sweat or steam, and may hence be unsafe.

Some hair dyeing liquid has gotten into my eye. What should I do?

Immediately rinse affected area thoroughly with water or lukewarm water.

Rinse well with either water or lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes, and consult an eye specialist immediately after. Avoid attempts to self-medicate with eye drops.

A child drank some of the dyeing liquid by accident. What should I do?

Let the child drink some water or milk, and bring him/her to seek medical treatment immediately.

Be sure to first let the child drink some water or milk regardless of the amount of dyeing liquid consumed. Ensure that the child receives medical treatment after.

How should I remove the hair color that has gotten onto my skin?

The stain will fade naturally after a few days as you shower and shampoo your hair.

Hair color on the skin will eventually fade after a few days as the skin renews itself, and as you shower and shampoo your hair. To quickly remove the stain, use cleansers like makeup removers. Let the cleanser sit on the stain before gently massaging it for a minute or so. Then, steam the area by placing a warm, damp towel on top before washing with a bar soap. You can also do so by applying soap on a towel and using it to lightly rub the stained area. Be careful not to rub too forcefully as it may cause breakage or inflammation of the skin. Be sure to wear gloves during the dyeing process as hair dye stains cannot be removed from fingernails.

What should I do if some of the hair manicure has gotten onto my skin?

Immediately wipe off with tissue, and wash off with a cleansing gel.

Hair manicure is extremely hard to remove once on the skin, so avoid letting it sit for too long. Immediately wipe off with a piece of tissue. Following that, use a cotton pad or a towel soaked with either soap or the cleansing gel provided to remove the stain. Be careful not to rub too forcefully as it may cause breakage or inflammation of the skin.

Will the color stain my clothes if my hair gets wet from rain or sweat?

The color may transfer onto shirt collars or the inner lining of caps if soaked from rain, sweat, or from swimming.

The stain can only be removed using chlorine bleach. An option is to wear white shirts which can be treated using chlorine bleaches.

I accidentally spilled some hair dye onto the floor. How should I remove the stain?

For absorbent materials such as parquet flooring, carpets, tatami mats, wallpapers and leather, immediately wipe off excess, then clean using a neutral detergent.

Unfortunately, any stain left over from the previous step is likely to be permanent.

As a preventive measure, we recommend laying the floor with newspaper before your dyeing process. Refrain from using thinners and nail polish removers as well. They are ineffective in removing the stain, and may also damage the surface.

What should I do if some hair dye has gotten onto my sink/bathtub?

The hair dye stain will become harder to remove with time. However, it can be lightened with the use of a melamine sponge, or some chlorine bleach.

The use of either may damage the affected surface, so we recommend to consult the sink/bathtub manufacturer before doing so. For smooth surfaces that are hard and waterproof, but also prone to getting scratches, a viable option would be to use a melamine foam sponge. However, refrain from doing so on mirrors with an anti-condensation coating as it may cause scratches to the surface.

For materials that are waterproof and have an uneven surface, soak either a cotton pad or a kitchen towel with a chlorine bleach dilution. Let the cloth sit on the stain for about an hour, then rinse with water. However, chlorine bleaches may affect the color or quality of the surface. We recommend to test in an inconspicuous area before use.

When using melamine sponges and chlorine bleach, please follow the respective user guidelines as provided.