Company ProfileCompany History
In February 2005, Hoyu marked our 100th anniversary of foundation. Why has Hoyu been able to maintain top market share and carry on its business for such a long time? The answer lies in the company’s ability to continue stable growth, management skills, and the high degree of technological know-how. To keep up with diversifying customers’ needs, however we must further develop our expertise and enhance our sales force.
"With the aim of contributing to the realization of truly affluent living,
Hoyu has conceived new visions for the 21st century."
Masujiro Mizuno founded MIZUNO KANKUDOU, the forerunner of Hoyu, to manufacture and sell home medical supplies.
Released hair dye "NIWAKARASU."
Released hair dye "SANWAKARASU."
Released hair dye "GENROKU"
which was a long selling product for 73 years.
- Established Hoyu Shokai Co. Ltd.
- Masujiro Mizuno was inaugurated as the president.
Opened Osaka Sales Office.
- Opened Tokyo Sales Office.
- Released powder-type hair dye, "Bigen."
Kimpei Mizuno was inaugurated as the Second President of the Company.
Constructed Nagakute Factory.
- Entered hair salon industry.
- Released "Haarel Wave Hair Color" based on new hair dye theory.
Changed the company name to HOYU CO. LTD.
Opened Sapporo Sales Office.
Opened Fukuoka Sales Office.
Released "Bigen Hair Color."
- Held celebration commemorating the 50th anniversary of Hoyu’s founding.
- Changed the Logo of the company.
Opened Hiroshima Sales Office.
Opened Sendai Sales Office.
Constructed Seto Factory.
Released "Bigen Cream Tone."
Released "Men’s Bigen Speedy Color."
Released "Lady’s Bigen Speedy."
Released "Beauteen" series.
Held celebration commemorating the 70th anniversary of Hoyu’s founding.
- Completed Logistics Center.
- Released "Beautylabo."
- Mr. Simpei Mizuno was inaugurated as the third president and Mr. Kimpei Mizuno as the Chairman of the Board.
- Opened Hoyu Technical Academy.
- Released "CIELO."
Released "DanielGalvin PROMASTER."
Right: Beautylabo Hair Color
- Released "Beautylabo Hair Color".
- Released "PROSYSTEM".
- Seto Factory obtained ISO14001 Certification.
- Opened London Representative Office in the United Kingdom.
- Constructed Sakuragaoka Factory. (Seto City, Aichi Prefecture)
- Opened Studio Tokyo of Salon Division .
- Established Hoyu Cosmetics (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. in China.
Opened Studio Osaka of Salon Division.
- Established Hoyu America Co., Ltd. in USA.
- Established Hoyu Cosmetics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Completed a new head office. (Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture)
- Established PT Hoyu Indonesia in Indonesia.
- Celebrated the 100th anniversary of foundation.
- Changed the Logo of the company.
- Established Hoyu Singapore Pte. Ltd. in Singapore.
- Opened Studio Sendai of Salon Division.
- Established Hoyu Korea Co., Ltd. in Korea.
- Opened Studio Fukuoka of Salon Division.
- Involved in the business cooperation with ASGEN Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Sakuragaoka Factory obtained ISO14001 Certification.
- Established Hoyu Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. in Malaysia.
- Established Taiwan Hoyu Cosmetics Co., Ltd. in Taiwan.
Released "PROMASTER EX."
- Acquired 60% of Kracie Group common stocks.
- Released "CIELO Mousse Color."
Released "Beautylabo Whip Hair Color."
- Makio Mizuno was inaugurated as the Fourth President of the Company.
- Released "rexy"series.
- Established Hoyu Shanghai Corporation in China.
- Established Hoyu Cosmetics (Nederland) B.V. in Netherlands.
- Acquired remaining 40% of Kracie Group common stocks.
- Established "Hoyu Trading (Thailand) Co., Ltd." in Thailand.
- Released "Naturain Coloring Treatment" as a limited edition mail order product.
- Released "Men’s Bigen Coloring Conditioner."
Right: Men’s Bigen Grayish Color PROSTEP
- Established Hoyu Science Foundation.
- Released "Bigen Hair Mascara."
- Released "Men’s Bigen Grayish Color."
- Released "PROSTEP."
- Established an endowed chair, "Department of Integrative Medical Science for Allergic Disease" at the Fujita Health University.
- Released "Bigen Pumping Foam Color."
- Renewed "Beauteen" series.
- Released "Beauteen Design Color Cream."
- Yoshihiro Sasaki was inaugurated as the fifth president of the Company
- Makio Mizuno was inaugurated as the chairperson of the Company